How to Preserve Your Child’s Teeth and Oral Tissues?
Your child’s primary teeth are crucial for the proper growth of permanent teeth. Emergency treatment
is required in case of trauma or injury to the mouth tissues. Healthy gums and jaws provide an ideal space for the future development of adult teeth. Damage to an infant’s teeth would trigger future complications.
It would be best to consult your child’s pediatric dentist
on the right practices for preserving your child’s oral tissues. Proper oral health will keep your kid away from severe cavities, periodontal diseases, and other oral issues.
Making Visits to Your Child’s Dentist
Dentists in north highlands recommend you to take your kid to the dentist once the first tooth erupts from your child’s gum line. Dental exams ensure that underlying issues are detected and treated early to avoid further damage. You need to visit the pediatric dentist near you regularly for dental exams and cleaning
Check-ups ensure threats related to decay are identified and treated early to avoid the development of severe cavities. Through consultation, you gain insight into the right practices to administer for your kid’s oral health. The pediatric dentist advises your child on ideal ways to keep the teeth and other tissues healthy.
Fluoride Treatments for Your Child
Our dentist in north highlands, CA, recommends using fluoride toothpaste in small quantities for your child to prevent cavities. For an infant, you can use a moist cloth to wipe the gums. During regular brushing and flossing, give your child a pea-sized amount of fluoride toothpaste, to maintain proper oral hygiene.
The hygienist near you will offer you guidelines on the usage of fluoride toothpaste. Regular fluoride treatment at your child’s dentist involves the use of gel or powder smeared on the teeth. Various forms are applicable based on your kid’s level of treatment. You can prevent decay of your child’s teeth by utilizing the following approaches:
- Clean your child’s teeth once the first tooth erupts from the gum line
- Give your child a soft-bristled toothbrush that doesn’t hurt dental tissues.
- Ensure your keep brush and floss the teeth regularly.
Your Child’s Oral Health and Proper Diet
Giving your child a proper diet ensures that teeth grow healthy and strong. Below are useful tips related to your child’s diet:
- Ensure that your child doesn’t take sugar-laced foods since they lead to thriving bacteria that cause decay.
- Let your child have calcium-rich foods, including milk, yogurt, and cheese, since the mineral is vital for the formation of healthy teeth.
- Give your child healthy drinks with a meal. Water keeps your kid’s tissues moist and helps remove any sticky food particles between the teeth.
- Offer your kid foods rich in fruits, whole grain, protein, and vegetables.
Useful Measures to Preserve Your Child’s Teeth
To ensure that your child’s oral hygiene is preserved, you’ll need to observe the following recommendations from your dentist in North Highlands, CA:
- Ensure your child brush the teeth regularly and ensure they don’t swallow the toothpaste. For infants, clean the gum with a moist cloth.
- Let your child clean and floss the teeth to remove any particles trapped between them and lead to decay.
- Visit your dentist regularly for a check-up, to identify any threats that may lead to the development of cavities. Dental exams and cleaning are vital in the preservation of your child’s oral tissues.
- Limit the intake of sugary foods for your child and ensure that the food taken doesn’t damage the enamel or other tissues. Minimize the snacking habits that involve ice cream and candies.
- Seek help from the pediatric dentist concerning the use of sealants in the protection against cavities.
- Use recommended approaches on fluoride treatment by appropriately using fluoride varnish that provides extra protection against cavities. Fluoride toothpaste is also useful in reversing decay.
Your Child’s Dental Care at Olivia M.Rodrigues DDS, Family Dentistry
Our dentists in North Highlands, CA, provide ideal dental care for your kids. At Rodrigues DDS
, we offer family-based dentistry to keep your family teeth healthy. We provide dental treatment procedures that are friendly for you and your child.
We offer restorative, preventive, and cosmetic procedures. We perform routine dental exams and cleaning to prevent your child from cavities. Please schedule an appointment with us, so that your child can find a suitable treatment and free consultation.